Thursday, April 19, 2012

Extra Blog Post: Just some thoughts.

  This is just an extra Blog Post containing to Blog Post #11. I stated that their are some education games for the Nintendo DS. I did a little research and found many games that deal with teaching the student. The games were under the title Edutainment. I find that so funny. It is still dealing with children learning, but they can still have fun at the same time. Isn't that what learning is all about? I believe that if students have fun while learning that it will spark some curiosity. What made me decide to write a post about this subject was the fact that there are so many kids that have a Nintendo DS. Mostly all the games they are playing are killing games. This I believe is promoting violence. I think it is okay that they have some of these games, but why not mix some educating games in there as well? Here are a few games that I found very interesting and I believe that the students would actually want to play. 

The first game I found was My Reading Tutor. This game will help the students learn how to read with also doing activities. This game has 14 books that the child will be able to read. There are games, and activities for every book read. If you want to get on a different track and let your children learn a life skill then there is a great cooking game. It gives the kids over 300 recipes and also gives them a  chance to make a shopping list that they can put the ingredients they will need for the recipe. This game is not only beneficial to the child, but also to the family. It gives the family a chance to have a family night and all put in a effort to help the child cook a great meal. I believe that is very important in a child's life besides education. The last game that really stuck out was FutureU: The Prep Game for SAT. This is a really great game to get students ahead for the SAT. It is a very fun game that lets you learn at the same time.
   There are a lot more games, but I wont mention all of them. I have a better peace of mind knowing that there are education games out there instead of just all video games about war and killing people. I just figured that I would do a little more research on what the Nintendo DS had to offer kids.. Thanks for the time.  Click on this link to see for yourself of what Nintendo has to offer. Nintendo Games


No comments:

Post a Comment