Sunday, February 12, 2012

Blog Post #3

Peer Review: Public or Private


In this post i had to read Paige Ellis' Blog Post #12. I thought it was really helpful. I also had to watch a video on Peer Editing. I had to peer review Lacie Brother's Blog Post #2. I feel as though leaving a comment on the blog publicly is better that way others can see what you had to say and they can go from there. But in some ways privately is nice too. Maybe if there were a lot of corrections, that way you would not embarrass them. But I think Lacie did a great job explaining everything and telling why she felt a certain way about he technology in schools or creativity in schools. I really enjoyed reading her post.

Technology in Special Education

This video was really great to watch. I love how they showed a boy that could not read without someone there to read to him and now he has an ipod that can read to him. It really showed me how technology is important in the classroom with special education. I know that with special education children they can become bored by just looking at a white board, but with smart boards and laptops it interests them. They want to be able to play on them and it will keep them entertained. 
    I was just shocked at the way that when the teacher put a piece of paper with letters in front of the student he could barely spell a word out. But with having the computer and the mouse he was able to do it. It brought tears to my eyes to see that they were able to learn and really be interested in the activites they were doing. It was all because of technology. 




How the I pad Works with Academics for Autism

After watching the video on How the I pad Works with Academics for Autism I thought it was so great that the I pad has such a great impact on a student with Autisms life. I can tell you from experience, my mom is a para-professinal at a Elementary school. she is a 1 on 1 with an Autistic Child. Trying to get him to learn off a smart board was great. But he was not always able to be hands on with it. Just recently my mom got a I pad, Sam is always on it and is learning so much. All he needed to be was hands on and be able to learn that way. He is now learning a lot more and is staying focused with his school work. 
         The app I chose was ABC animals. It deals with letters, phonics and handwriting for preschoolers. This app I believe would be great for a special education student. It will help with learning the letters of the alphabet and also learning their animals.

Gary Hayes Social Media Count

Wow... Words can not explain how shocked I am at the numbers on Gary Hayes website. I realize that technology is becoming a big thing, but I didnt realize how big till i just saw the video. Technology is here and I think it is going to get bigger. Technology will soon be our lives. I mean dont get me wrong, it consumes our social lives now but it is now entering our classrooms. What a amazing thing!

Michael Wesch: A Vision of Students Today

Michael Wesch is a genius in my eyes. This video shocked me. I think I am really one of the lucky ones as one student stated. I get my college and books paid for through PACT. So I was never realizing that some students will be in debt and you will pay a lot for books and end up never using them. I hope that there have been many people that have watched this video and realized that college is expensive. 








2 comments:

  1. Where did you get your information about special education students getting bored by looking at white boards but not laptops? You're not the only student who makes statements like this, and it's not a big deal, but they are not entirely true. Some people will conjour facts and statistics to match their ideas but they make the whole assignment less credible.
    Also, Bailey is having a writing session Thursday February 23. It will be beneficial to everyone there!
    I'm looking for more from you next week. You have good ideas and a solid foundation but there needs to be much more effort. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete