Saturday, February 18, 2012

Blog Post #4

Langwitches

I read the blogLangwitches. I loved how the teacher let the students do their own podcast about the book Vacation under the Volcano. What I really found interesting about what the blogger said was that even the shy and scared students wanted to participate in the podcast. I know that as a young child I always loved to get in front of a camera and talk or have a recorder and talk into it. With the teacher letting the students do the podcast they are most likely comprehending the book better. The blog also stated that the students were so quite and attentive while they were making their podcast and even while they were waiting they were. Doing this podcast gave the students the opportunity to get better acquainted with technology and learning to podcast. I think this was a great learning experience for these students.

 MacBook Pro


The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom

In the video and article by Joe Dell, The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classrooms, Joe explained how podcasting can be very helpful for students. That deals with interaction with the computers, learning how to deal with podcast, and also helping the students comprehend the materials more. I love how in the video he used the example of the young girl that was worried about staying home from school sick because she had a test the next day. I think it was super beneficial that the teacher posted the study guides on I Tunes.
If every teacher had the knowledge and ideas of posting work and study guides like that, sick students would be helped a lot. Students making podcast learn so much. I myself have never done a podcast before but I am super excited to be able to learn how to do one. This will help me in the future while teaching my students. I am so glad that podcasts are available for everyone and i encourage everyone to start making one.

source

Curriculum 21 Podcast

In  What is Podcasting? I learned more about what i had to do to make my podcast. I am really excited to make the podcast with my group. Before I viewed this video I had no idea that a podcast was a cross between a "broadcast" and a "I Pod". It is like a radio broadcast. It is really amazing to me that you can edit your podcast in so many ways from removing background noise to edition which parts you actually want to out in the podcast. I cant wait to make my podcast.

source

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to hearing your podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mckinley! ^^ I now see what you mean! Funny how we were just talking this morning about this blog haha. You have a nice layout for your blog, it's retty easy to read. However, as I was reading through BlogPost #4 I noticed there were some grammatical and spelling errors, not too much though.
    Like in "Langwitches": "I read the blogLangwitches. I loved how the teacher let the students do their own podcast about the book Vacation under the Volcano." I just think it would read smoother as "I read the blogLangwitches, and I loved how the teacher let the students...." then a few sentences later you wrote: "the students were so quite and attentive while they were making their " was that supposed to say "quiet" instead of "quite?" Just wondering because it was a little confusing to me. Pretty much the rest of this blog were small minor spelling and capitalization errors. Overall, it's a fair post!

    ReplyDelete