Thursday, March 8, 2012

C4T #2

C4T #1
This week I had to read on Eric Langhorst. I found his blog very interesting. Instead on writing just a bunch of paragraphs about what he was going to talk about, he did podcast for each one. To me personally I found this much easier to stay focused and not get bored by reading a bunch of paragraphs. In this certain blog, Mr. Langhorst talked about how he had missed watching the State of the Union address, but he got on Twitter and read everything that happened just because of people's statuses. It is amazing how much Twitter can actually be useful.


Mr. Langhorst,  
My name is Mckinley Kennedy and I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I loved listening to your Podcast about the State of the Union address and Twitter. I have a Twitter account but rarely get on it, unless I have to for class. I sometimes like to get on it to see what people write on their statuses about life. I think it is really interesting to read what people have to say, especially if it is about politics. That is where I think Twitter is a good thing. If you miss something on TV, you can always catch up on what happened through the Twitter or Facebook. I enjoyed hearing your points and views on everything that goes on Twitter. I look forward to reading and listening to more of your work. Thank you for sharing.


C4T#2
This week I was assigned to comment on the same teacher. I decided to read/listen to his podcast about Radio Time Machine. This was such an interesting post. I really enjoyed listening to Mr. Langhorst talk about Technology and History. While on a trip, Mr. Langhorst found a old time radio from 1935. He decided to take it home and fix it. Instead he put his I pod in it. It would play throughout the speakers. Mr. Langhorst got some old time radio shows to play on his I-pod, also some interviews and reports. I found this so interesting and I really would enjoy to do something like this too.


Mr. Langhorst,
  
My name is Mckinley Kennedy and I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I found your podcast/blog so interesting. I loved how you took the old radio and used it for something. That would be great if you could find another one and put it in your classroom. Your students would find it very interesting. After listening to the introduction of your podcast and hearing the parts of speeches and old radio shows, I am now going to listen to some. I find History so interesting. Thanks for sharing your blog, I look forward to reading more.
Mckinley Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment