Thursday, April 19, 2012

Blog Post #12

Blog Post #12 Due 4/22

Go to www.pecentral.org. Go look through Lisa Witherspoon's blog. See what useful information or activities that Mrs. Witherspoon has blogged about.  What could you do to spark the curiosity of your students in a Physical Education class? Write 2 to 3 paragraphs using Writing a Quality Blog Post. If available send Lisa Witherspoon a thank you Tweet. Mark it #edm310 so I will see your Tweet.



Lisa WitherspoonIf you can tell I am majoring in Physical Education. I believe that looking at other teacher's blogs and looking at what they have come up with or even reading about how they might have changed a student's life that day can make me curious and eager to do the same thing when I begin teaching. The whole time in Edm 310 we have been reading and watching classroom teacher's blogs. I decided to shake things up a little bit and introduce everyone to the world of Physical Education. I have read Mr. Robbo's blog and found it very interesting, but I decided to go to the PE Central website to see what they had to offer.
   While reading and scanning through this great blog, I found a post that really struck me. The title was called So You Think You Can Dance? You don't see many teachers now a days that want to teach the students the different dances. When I was in Elementary School I had a PE teacher that taught us many dances. I remember seeming really interested in learning the dances. I believe that when a student goes home and tells or shows the parent what he or she learned that day at school, that the teacher did their job in sparking the students curiosity. Teachers that just do the same curriculum over and over again will never get the students attention. Lisa Witherspoon suggested this game to make learning dancing fun and entertaining. They have other such related games such as Dance Dance Dance Revolution and Zumba. These are just 2 of the many other dance activities you can put in your curriculum to make kids stay on their toes. Kids love dancing so I know that this would be a great thing to have in the gym.
  I believe that this would be a great plan to put in the curriculum. You not only have fun, but it also keeping the kids active. This is a very good skill for the kids to learn. They will learn different dance, music and other things about the cultures. I am really glad that I found this blog post written  by Lisa Witherspoon very interesting and I will be using something similar to this when I start teaching.
Just Dance

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mckinley,

    This is an interesting idea. We don't usually cater towards any specific area of education, however I like that you geared your assignment in a certain direction. Good job.

    ReplyDelete