Thursday, April 19, 2012

C4K Summary for April

This month we participated in the World Blogging Challenge. I was super excited to see that I was being able to comment on a child's blog from a different area. The student I was assigned to for the challenge was Mike. He is a student that lives in Canada. He loves to play hockey and also video games. I really encouraged Mike to keep blogging because I enjoyed reading what he had to write about.

Week 1

On the first week of blogging Mike wrote about how he lived in Canada but he wanted to visit somewhere else like Europe or Hawaii. He wanted to visit somewhere warm since Canada has a cold climate. 

This is what I wrote:
Hi mike.
I was so glad to see that I was commenting on your Blog. I was also very excited to see that you were from Canada. That is the one place I have always wanted to visit. Canada seems like a great place to visit. I like ice skating and snow, but I live in a place where it never snows so I don’t get a great opportunity to go. If you are looking for somewhere to visit, you should go to Europe. I have never been there personally, but I have heard some great things about it. I have some family that lives there so hopefully I will get a chance to go one day. You can go to London, England and go site seeing. While site seeing you can go see Big Ben, The London Bridge, or Buckingham Palace.
Those are just a few of the many places you can go visit. If you also want to there are many places in the United States that you can visit. We have so many states with so many interesting things to do and see. It makes me real happy to see that you want to travel to other places and see what other countries have to offer. I hope that you are able to make it out to see the places you want to visit.
Good Luck,
Mckinley Kennedy

Mike:
Thanks for the great tips on where to go that gave me a lot of help. Canada is the best place on Earth in my opinion. I love living here if you were ever to come here you would love it.
Week 2:
This week I read another blog written by Mike. It was about a game called Minecraft. I am not much into playing video games, so I didnt know much of what he was talking about. But he did a really great job explaining what the game was. After I read his post, I went back and did my own research. 
This is what I wrote:
Hi again Mike,
I am glad I could help give you some ideas on great places to travel. I just read your post on Minecraft. I am no very familiar with the game, but it sounds really interesting. I was never big into video games when I was younger, but this Christmas I got a Wii and I am obsessed. I am not sure if you have one or not, but you should definitely invest in one. After reading your post on Minecraft, I decided to do a little research on the game. It sounds like a game I could be interested in playing if I had the time. You did a great job listing all the blocks that were in the game. Keep blogging and keep up the great work!
Thanks, Mckinley

Week 3:
This week was the last week for the World Blogging Challenge. This week Mike posted about the month of February being a Pink month. It all started because a boy wore a pink shirt and he started getting bullied. So now everyone wears a pink shirt the month of February. I think it is really great that people are standing up against bullies. 
This is what I wrote:
Hi Mike,
I really enjoyed reading your blog and learning so many interesting facts about Pink. Pink is my favorite color and I wear it all the time. It is nice to know that I am standing up for something that is real. It is so sad that children get bullied for such small things. I find it so sad. Thanks so much for posting this great post. Keep up the great work and keep blogging.
Thanks, Mckinley

Since the World Blogging Challenge is over, we were assigned to read another student's blog. It was written by a First Grader in Ms. Kathy Cassidy's Class. It was really hard to read what the student was trying to say considering the student was in First Grade. They are learning to read and write. The student wrote about liking his Wii and Hockey. 
This is what I wrote:

Hi,
It was great reading your post. I am glad that you are really interested in Hockey. I have never really had a chance to get into it. Where I live there was a Hockey team but they moved it. I watched a game one time and it was a lot of fun. I see that you have a Wii too. I just got one for Christmas and I love it. I have not played Hockey on it yet though. Keep up the great work and keep blogging. 
Thanks, Mckinley Kennedy


No comments:

Post a Comment