Sunday, April 29, 2012

Progress Report for PLN

I am amazed at how much I have accomplished and learned since I have been enrolled in EDM 310. I would never have known that there were so many other tools on google besides just the search engine. The one tool that has just blown my mind is Google +. I was surprised that you could do so much with that one tool. My group and I have used this tool on many occasions and it is has helped us a lot. We used the Hangout tool. This tool is similar to Skype and Facebook. You are able to talk to your group through videos, all while typing on a document to them. It is so amazing that you can work on a project with your group, even when you are not with them.
Google

Another great tool with Google is the Google Docs. This tool has been very useful with this class. It is just like email but instead it sends documents that you can either have as view only or you can edit them with your group. It is a great way for you to communicate with your group without being physically with them. It is a great communication tool that should be kept around.
I believe that all the tools I have used in this class are going to be helpful in the future when I start teaching. One tool that I started but never followed through on was Symabloo. It is your Personal Learning Network filed in a spot where you can find everything you possibly need and are using. I am going to start working it more so that I will be prepared and ready for when I start teaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment